Impress Everyone With These Bacon-Wrapped Smokies.
Super Bowl Sunday is upon us, and whether you’re there for the commercials, the football, or the halftime show, we can all agree there should be food- present and in abundance.
The best part of having a chef AND a brewer on our team is his creative recipes using NoCoast Beer. Thanks to John “Butters” McMains for this treasured recipe of Agricultured Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies.
Agricultured Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies
- 1 pound Little Smokies
- 12 ounces Bacon
- 1 cup NoCoast Agricultured Rye Porter
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375˚
- Cut Bacon strips into thirds or halves.
- Wrap individual smokies with bacon and secure with a toothpick or place them seam side down on a foil covered baking sheet.
For sauce -
- In a pan, reduce Rye Porter by half.
- Add Sugar, Maple Syrup, Dijon, Cayenne and simmer for 10-15 minutes until sauce has thickened.
- Spoon Rye Porter Glaze over smokies.
- Bake in oven 30-35 minutes or until bacon is golden browned.
- Serve immediately and Enjoy.
Hungry for more? Stay updated with the NoCoast Newsletter!